Symposium Site and Lodging
Hilton University of Florida
1714 SW 34th Street
Gainesville, FL 32607
Phone: (352) 371-3600
Fax: (352) 371-0306
The symposium will be held at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center.
Special Group Rate Information
The Hilton University of Florida is offering participants a very special rate of $109.00 per night (plus applicable state and local taxes, currently 11%) for up to two people in a room. The group rate will be honored two days prior to and three days following the conference dates, based on availability. Reservations must be made by Friday, July 4, 2014 to guarantee the discounted group rate.
Shuttle and Parking
The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the University of Florida, Shands Hospital at UF, and the Gainesville Regional Airport, based on availability. For more information on shuttle reservations, email Ms. Diana Benintend with the Hilton at firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel is also pleased to offer complimentary self-parking for symposium attendees.
Complimentary wireless internet will be available to symposium attendees in the meeting rooms. Internet access will be available in guest rooms for a reduced fee of $7.95 per day (regularly $9.95).
- Complimentary High Speed internet access
- 32" LCD HD flat screen televisions
- Cuisinart single cup coffee makers
- Lighted Make up mirrors
- Ergonomic desk chairs
- Curved Shower Rods
- Hand held hair dryers (not wall mounted)
- Speakman Showerheads
- Crabtree & Evelyn® La Source bathroom amenities
- Comfortable working areas with desks
- Jack packs which connect your computer with the TV
- Hilton Serenity Bed Collection®
- Dual line telephones and data ports
- Cable television with HBO
- Real hook hangers
- Makeup mirrors
- Irons and Ironing Boards
Suggested Customary Gratuities for Hotel Staff*
- Baggage Handling: $5.00 per room, each way
- Housekeeping: $3.00 per room, per day
*No porterage or maid gratuities will be included or automatically charged to your room; both are at your discretion.
The Hilton University of Florida is Green Lodging certified. For information about Florida’s Green Travel Policies, click here.
To make your hotel reservation online at the reduced group rate, click here.
You may also make your reservation over the phone by calling 1-800-445-8667 OR 352-371-3600. When making your reservation by phone, be sure to use the Group Code FFC814 and state that you are with the International Firefly Symposium in order to receive the reduced group rate.
- Check-in time: 3:00pm | Check-out time: 12:00pm
- Reservations must be made by Friday, July 4, 2014 in order to guarantee this special group rate. Please be aware the block of rooms may fill before the deadline, so we urge you to make your reservation as soon as possible. After July 4th, the discounted rate is not guaranteed.
- All reservations must be accompanied by a first night’s room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card.
- Florida government participants: To receive tax exempt status, payment must be made in the form of a government issued check or credit card and be accompanied by a Florida sales tax exemption certificate presented at check-in.
- Cancellation of individual reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival or 1 night’s room and tax will be assessed.
- If early departure before the scheduled check-out date is required, an early departure fee of ½ day’s rate will be charged to the guest’s account for a 1:00-5:00pm check-out, and a full day’s rate will be charged for check-out after 5:00pm on the early departure date. If a guest departs before 12:00pm on the early departure date, a fee will not be assessed. Guests wishing to avoid the fee must advise the hotel at or before check-in.
- If late check-out after 12:00pm is requested and approved on the day of departure, a ½ day's rate will be charged to the guest’s account for check-out before 5:00pm, and a full day’s rate will be charged for check-out after 5:00pm.
Click Here for information about sharing hotel rooms.