SPEAKER INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Knowing the set-up will prevent difficulties with your presentation and contribute significantly to the success of the conference. If you have any questions or special requests please notify me as soon as possible. Mandy Stage Tel: 352-392-5930; Email: email@example.com
- (Coming soon) Click here to and locate your name as the presenter.
When reviewing your presentation time:
- Allow the first two of minutes of your presentation time for speaker change, and introduction by the moderator.
- Allow the last three minutes of your presentation time for a question or two from the audience.
- Example: If your presentation is 40 minutes on the agenda, the actual presentation should be about 35 minutes.
Presentation Information and Session Set
- Speakers should check-in at the conference registration upon arrival to the Sheraton Sand Key. The registration will be located in Sand Key Room.
- Session will be held in the Grand Ballroom and anticipated attendance is roughly 450 people.
- There is no formal seating, however the first row of seats will be reserved for speakers and moderators for convenient access to the stage.
- For participants’ optimum viewing, two screens to project dual imagery will be set, one flanking each side of the raised platform. Speakers will be on a raised platform between the two screens.
- Speakers will be able to see their presentation through a monitor positioned beside the speaker podium.
- Important: Due to the difficulty of physically ‘pointing’ to dual screens, it is strongly recommended that any emphasis is made using PowerPoint application features such as highlighting, an arrow, circling of an object and etc. When creating, be sure to use “on mouse click” instead of “automatically after x seconds”.
- Speakers will have the option to stand behind a lectern (podium) with a microphone, or to wear a lapel microphone to allow movement. The moderator will assist speakers with the microphones.
- Speakers will not be operating a laptop from the stage. All visual presentations will be loaded in advance. The AV operator will open each speaker’s PowerPoint presentation to the first slide. Speakers will use a Wireless Remote Control to advance and reverse PowerPoint slides.
- Speakers are requested to remain for their full session as there may be questions at the end of the session.
Audiovisual Equipment Reserved and Available
- One Wireless Remote Control to advance and reverse your PowerPoint slides.
- One PC laptop with Microsoft PowerPoint with 2010 Application. (The laptop will be located at the AV operator table and controlled by an AV operator.)
- Two Projection Screens and Computer Projectors connected together for duel imagery.
- One Podium Microphone and One Lapel Microphone
NOTE: Internet access is not reserved for presentations.
Session Moderators and AV Operators
Each session will be facilitated by a moderator who is responsible for keeping speakers on time. Please plan to arrive prior to your session’s published start time and introduce yourself to the moderato so they know how to properly introduce you. An AV operator will operate the laptop and projection equipment for your presentation.
Non-commercial Nature of Program Sessions
ICBC educational sessions provide the opportunity for open dialogue and exchange of ideas among members of the citrus processing and related industries. As you develop your presentation, please minimize direct reference to your company or product, and instead focus on technology and information that is relevant to the entire audience. Speakers are also requested to focus on sharing knowledge, ideas, lessons-learned and best practices that have industry-wide application.
Bring PowerPoint file on Flash Drive to the Registration Room 24-hours Prior to your Presentation
- Important: Bring your PowerPoint presentation 24-hours prior* to your talk to the conference registration room located in the Sand Key room. Staff will ensure your presentation loads and projects correctly, and familiarize you with the wireless remote that you will be using. (*Wednesday morning presenters may bring their talk in Tues. evening from 4-7pm, or Wed. at 7:30am.)
- Your presentation will be set-up in advance to facilitate a smooth transition from one speaker to the next.
- We encourage you to use the laptop offered by the conference. If you must use your own laptop, please contact Mandy immediately. [You will need to bring all cables and test your laptop 24-hours prior to your talk to avoid disruption to sessions.]
Developing Your PowerPoint Presentation
Click here for information
Questions or Assistance:
Mandy Stage; Tel: 352-392-5930, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org