Call for Post-Conference Tours
Submission Deadline: March 30, 2012
The ACES and Ecosystem Markets 2012 Organizing Committee invites our local attendees and those with strong connections to ecosystem services in South Florida, to submit a proposal for a post-conference tour.
Post Conference Tours provide interactive learning experiences for attendees wishing to learn more about local ecosystem service research and natural areas. All post-conference tours are optional events for attendees and will take place on Friday, December 14, 2012. Tours will plan to depart by 8am from the Harbor Beach Marriott on December 14th and may vary in length but should not exceed 8 hours or be fewer than 4 hours.
Successful tours will be:
- Relevant to conference themes and topics.
- Attractive, in order to guarantee successful attendance.
- 4-8 hours in length.
- Within a 1 hour driving distance from the Harbor Beach Marriott.
- Self-Supporting, tour fees established by the organizing committee should cover all tour expenses.
Tour Organizers will be responsible for:
- Making logistical arrangements with tour facilities.
- Registering for the conference and paying the applicable registration fee.
- Providing any support staff or tour leaders to facilitate the tour.
- Providing tour information for publicity and website development. (VIEW SAMPLE)
The ACES and Ecosystem Markets Organizing Committee will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and selecting viable tour options.
- Establishing a registration fee to sustain tour expenses.
- Booking tour transportation.
- Paying tour vendors. (All expenses must be approved during the planning process, no added expenses will be covered without prior approval by Angelica Williams.)
- Maintaining registration and tour manifests for post-conference tours.
- Assisting with loading of buses on the morning of December 14, 2012.
- Promoting tours via the website and publicity efforts.
Prepare to submit your proposal:
During the submission process, tour organizers will be asked to provide a solid overview of their tour plans. Following is information that should be gathered in advance of beginning the tour proposal process.
- Proposed Trip Name (Use location, park name, or the feature being viewed as the name)
- Facility Contact Name
- Facility Contact and Phone Number
- Location Address
- Distance from the Harbor Beach Marriott in miles
- Drive time from Harbor Beach Marriott in minutes
- Proposed Tour Activities and Itinerary
- Maximum number of tour attendees
- Duration of tour in hours
- Admission Fees Per Person (only entrance fees, transportation and other fees will be calculated separately)
- Transportation Needs (Full size bus w/ restroom, minibus, van, etc.)
- Parking information for tour site
- Restroom situation/ availability at tour site
- Tour Dress Code/ Participant Equipment Needs
- Tour Special Considerations/ Special Instructions (Ex. Background checks, ID requirements, etc.)
- ADA Adaptability Options
|March 30, 2012
Tour Proposal Submission Deadline
April 13, 2012
July 31, 2012
Deadline to provide any requested photos or tour information
(SEE SAMPLE of Final Publicity)