Poster Display Information
Poster presentations will play a key role in the success of ACES. Much time will be dedicated for viewing posters so that scientists, policy makers, planners and managers can interact and use these opportunities to share details of their work, successes and lessons learned. Submit your abstract today in order to take part in this collaborative exchange.
- Posters selected from abstract submissions will be displayed during a formal poster session and reception with authors available for discussion.
- Posters will be limited to 4 feet high x 6 feet wide (1.22M high x 1.83M wide). Allow a 4-inch x 4-inch space (10.16cm x 10.16cm) for a poster number in the upper left-hand corner of your poster. Each poster will be assigned a number in advance so that you will know where to place your poster.
- Poster boards will be freestanding.
- Posters must be presented using the poster boards provided by the Conference. The poster boards are contiguous, and presenters may not use their own self-contained displays. Due to space constrictions, no tables will be provided.
- Poster boards are covered with fabric, and posters can be affixed using either Velcro or ¾” long push pins. Tape is not permitted. A limited supply of Velcro tape will be available for your use during mounting, but we recommend you bring a supply with you. Multiple strips two inches in length work best.
- Early morning, mid-day and afternoon refreshments will be served in the poster session room each day. In addition, there will be a formal poster session reception on Wednesday evening.
Shipping and Receiving Posters
Should you need to ship your poster to the Naples Grande in advance, please note the following:
- The Naples Grande will receive and store shipments no earlier than two (2) days prior to December 8, 2008.
- Please address all shipments to:
Attention: Guest Name
ACES: A Conference on Ecosystem Services
Arriving: Your Arrival Date
475 Seagate Drive
Naples, FL 34103
- Shipment receiving and storage charges:
0-49 lb = $5.00 per package/box
50 lb + = $25.00 per package/box
Note: These fees do not include the cost of return postage
Poster Session Schedule
|SET UP BEGINS:
||Monday, December 8, 7:30am
||Wednesday, December 10, 5:45pm-7:45pm
(Presenters to be stationed at posters from
||Thursday, December 11, 8:00am-12:00Noon **
|**Poster display boards will be dismantled and removed by the vendor on Thursday, so please remove your poster as soon as possible Thursday morning. The conference organizers are not responsible for lost or damaged posters removed by the display board vendor. Posters left behind will be discarded.
SPECIAL NOTE: For authors presenting multiple posters, we make every attempt to position your posters within close proximity of each other.