Call for Individual Abstracts - Submission Opens May 2014
Submission Deadline: July 11, 2014
All individuals interested in the ecological, economic, geographic, institutional, and management aspects of ecosystem services are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation. Abstracts on educational and outreach topics are also encouraged. Oral and poster presentations will be selected from abstract submissions, and abstracts from all presentations will be published in the conference book of abstracts. All participants and presenters are required to register and pay the applicable registration fee to attend the conference.
Note: All talks for contributed sessions must also submit an individual abstract per presenter. For additional information on session organizer instructions, click here. For additional information on Oral Presentation formats and Speaker instructions, click here. And for additional information for Poster Presentation instructions, click here.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: If you wish to make an oral or poster presentation, please submit an abstract no later than July 11, 2014. Abstracts MUST be submitted ONLINE via this web site.
Abstract submitters will be notified by August 29, 2014 of their acceptance to the conference program and their designated presentation format. Because of the high level of interest in this event, we cannot guarantee that all presentation format requests (oral or poster) will be honored.
The Abstract Submission Process Consists of Completing THREE Consecutive Steps:
Step 1. Review and Follow Abstract Preparation and Submission Instructions
Step 2. Submit Presenter Profile Information and Upload Abstract File via the Online Form
Step 3. Save Abstract Submittal Confirmation Email for your files
After you have successfully completed the first two steps, a confirmation form will be generated confirming receipt of your abstract. Please keep a copy of this form on file for your records.
If you do not receive a confirmation form, the submission did not go through. For questions or to verify the status of your abstract contact: Jhanna Gilbert, Tel: 352-392-5930; Email: email@example.com
Step 1: Review & Follow Abstract Preparation and Submission Instructions
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN EDITABLE SAMPLE ABSTRACT WITH FORMATTING APPLIED (MS Word)
NOTE: We recommend using our sample abstract as the starting point for your abstract submission. Following are the specific formatting guidelines which have been incorporated into the sample.
- Abstracts should ONLY be submitted as either a Microsoft Word or a Rich Text Format file
- Files must be named with ONLY letters or numbers, or combinations thereof. Symbols (dashes, etc.), spaces or commas will not properly transmit.
EXAMPLES: INCORRECT: Smith_J, V-2.doc || CORRECT: SmithJR2.doc
(We recommend using your name so that files can be easily traced.)
- Abstracts should be no longer than ONE (1) page in length.
- No graphs or figures should be included in the abstract.
- Use standard "letter" paper size (8.5" X 11"). Do NOT use A4 paper size.
- Set margins at 1", top, bottom and sides.
- Use a sans serif font, preferably Calibri. Set font size to 11 points.
- The title should be short, yet accurately reflect the abstract and later presentation. Attempt to limit the title to one line. The title is a descriptive label, not a sentence.
- Type abstract title flush left at the top of the page.
- Type abstract title in ALL CAPS.
- EXAMPLE: NEW TECHNIQUES FOR VALUATION OF ECOSYSTEM SERVICES
- Use appropriate formatting within titles: italics (for scientific names), subscript (for scientific formulas and superscript (mathematic equations), etc.
- List the senior author first and use Boldface for the name of the presenting author.
- Identify author affiliations using superscript numerals
- Do not include professional titles of the authors. Include ONLY the affiliation name, city, state and country in abstract listing. (DO NOT include full mailing address at the top of the abstract.)
- Including title, author, text, and contact information, abstracts should be approximately 250-500 words, at most ONE page in length and should not exceed the space outlined by the one-inch margins.
- Type the body of the abstract single spaced without indents or tabs. DOUBLE SPACE BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS.
- Apply bolding, italics, underlining, superscripts and subscripts in your main text as you want it to appear in your final abstract.
- Include full contact information for the presenting author at the very end of the abstract as follows:
Contact Information: J. Mark Genesis, Soil & Water Science Department, University of Florida/IFAS, 000 Mowry Road, Gainesville, FL 32611 USA, Phone: 000-555-5555,
- PROOF, proof and PROOF your abstract before you send it. Do not forget to proof all author information as well. Abstracts will be published exactly as they are submitted. Be sure your TITLE and CONTACT Information are included.
(PDF format | MSWord format)
[Note all abstracts should be submitted in MSWord or RTF format.]