Call for Poster Abstracts
All individuals working in sustainability issues pertaining to the economy or natural resources are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract for a poster presentation. This includes contributions from anyone conducting research or education programs on agricultural production, infrastructure, corporate services, or natural resources.
Poster titles and authors will be published in the symposium program and a poster session will be held Tuesday evening to allow for discussion with individual authors. All participants and presenters are required to register to attend the symposium.
*Special Note: Sponsored by GSD, FCI, and ESSIE, a poster presentation contest will be held and the top three poster presentations will be awarded 1st place ($500), 2nd place ($300), and 3rd place ($200) on April 3rd. Reference the Poster Presentation Contest page for details.
You will be asked to identify which topic is most applicable to your work outlined in your abstract when filling out the online form. So please take a moment to review the list below.
List of topics:
- Food Security and Agricultural Production
- Infrastructure and Transportation
- Sustainable Development (Coastal and Inland)
- Wildlife and Natural Systems Management
- Sustainable Resource Policies
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: If you wish to present a poster, please submit an abstract no later than March 11, 2013. Abstracts MUST be submitted ONLINE via this website.
The Abstract Submission Process Consists of Completing THREE Consecutive Steps:
Step 1. Review and Follow Abstract Preparation and Submission Instructions
Step 2. Submit Presenter Profile Information and Upload Abstract File via the Online Form
Step 3. Save Abstract Submittal Confirmation Email for your files
After you have successfully completed the first two steps, a confirmation form will be generated confirming receipt of your abstract. Please keep a copy of this form on file for your records.
Step 1: Review & Follow Abstract Preparation and Submission Instructions
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN EDITABLE SAMPLE ABSTRACT WITH FORMATTING APPLIED (MS Word)
- NOTE: We recommend using our sample abstract as the starting point for your abstract submission.
- Abstracts should ONLY be submitted as either a Microsoft Word or a Rich Text Format file
- Files must be named with ONLY letters or numbers, or combinations thereof.
- Abstracts should be no longer than ONE (1) page in length.
- No graphs or figures should be included in the abstract.
- Use standard "letter" paper size (8.5" X 11"). Do NOT use A4 paper size.
- Set margins at 1", top, bottom and sides.
- Use Calibri and set font size to 11 points.
- The title should be short, yet accurately reflect the abstract and later presentation. Attempt to limit the title to one line. The title is a descriptive label, not a sentence.
- Type abstract title flush left at the top of the page.
- Type abstract title in ALL CAPS.
- EXAMPLE: NEW TECHNIQUES FOR VALUATION OF ECOSYSTEM SERVICES
- Use appropriate formatting within titles: italics (for scientific names), subscript (for scientific formulas and superscript (mathematic equations), etc.
- List the senior author first and use Boldface for the name of the presenting author.
- Identify author affiliations using superscript numeral references
- Including title, author, text, and contact information, abstracts should be approximately 250-500 words, at most ONE page in length and should not exceed the space outlined by the one-inch margins.
- Type the body of the abstract single spaced without indents or tabs. DOUBLE SPACE BETWEEN PARAGRAPHS.
- Apply bolding, italics, underlining, superscripts and subscripts in your main text as you want it to appear in your final abstract.
- Include full contact information for the presenting author at the very end of the abstract as follows:
Contact Information: J. Mark Genesis, Soil & Water Science Department, UF/IFAS, PO Box 000, Gainesville, FL 32611 USA, Phone: 000-555-5555, Email: email@example.com
- PROOF, proof and PROOF your abstract before you send it. Do not forget to proof all author information as well.
|Abstract submission is closed.